GEOHEX™ is a unique permeable ground stabilisation technology that has a multitude of uses. From soil and turf stabilisation for the enhancement of water saving measures to the reinforcement of roads in and around mine sites, GEOHEX™ is a safe and cost-effective substitute for concrete with a load rating of well over 1200 tonnes per square metre.
Manufactured in Australia, under ISO9001:2008 quality standards, GEOHEX™ is easy to use, quick to install and manufactured from 100% recycled material.
- Injection moulded using high-impact UV-stabilised Copolymer Polypropylene
- Alternatively High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) for sub-zero applications
- Weight per grid: 2.3kg
- Dimensions: 500mm x 1000mm x 42mm
- 2 pieces of GEOHEX™ = 1 square metre
- Temperature range: – 45°C TO 155°C
- Water Permeability (installed): 99.7%
- Maximum Load Bearing Capacity (filled): 1200 tonnes square metre
- Colour: Black
- Inert and non-reactive to solvents, oils, chemicals or water
- Can be installed in a variety of soil and geological configurations
- Non-toxic to humans, animals or plants
- Connection methods: clip locking system
- Manufactured from 100% recycled plastics
- Material is impervious to hydrocarbons
Dimensions: 500mm x 1000mm x 42mm
2 pieces of GEOHEX™ = 1 square metre
For the use of pavement and turf stabilisation, stormwater management, drainage, landscape projects, cycleways, beach access areas as well as in public housing estates, GEOHEX™ is ideal for the retention of stormwater, stabilisation of turf, paver support and for the reduction of dusty and muddy areas.
With its unique design, GEOHEX™ is created to provide very strong ground reinforcement thanks to its open cell structure. In construction applications, GEOHEX™ can be combined with grass, gravel or a sand/soil mixture.
With its rigid design and a strong impact-resistant polymer construction, GEOHEX™ provides a cost-effective solution that prevents soft ground build up in heavy traffic livestock areas. GEOHEX™ promotes livestock flow and reduces the incidence of lameness around trough and standoff areas, approaches and exits to yards and many other high traffic livestock areas.
Mining, Civil & Earthworks
With the ability to withstand a maximum load of 1200 tonnes per square metre when filled with soil, GEOHEX™ can be used for the stabilisation of roads on mining, civil and earthworks sites as well as drainage stabilisation in hardstands, haul roads and equipment yards. GEOHEX™ can also be used in the stabilisation of mine site embankments, drains and airstrips.
How to Install Geohex
- Prior mechanical compaction of the soil and/ or ground base is essential for the successful performance of GEOHEX™.
- If the surface is prone to movement, it may be necessary to install extra sub-soil drainage to maintain the strength and integrity of the topsoil.
- Additional drainage technology used may consist of coarse road base, agricultural piping, sand or a combination of all of these. Fine road base may lower or even prevent the absorption of water.
- It is recommended that a sand bed be placed under GEOHEX™ to construct a perfectly flat surface under the soil layer to prevent rutting and subsidence due to vehicular or livestock movement.
- The sand bed under GEOHEX™ requires moderate compacting to ensure proper topsoil levelling. GEOHEX™ can then be placed right on top of this layer.
- The best infill for GEOHEX™ is an angular stone up to 10-15mm in size, which locks together better and restricts any further slope movement.
- Other recommended infill products include topsoil, sand and fine gravel.
- GEOHEX™ can be used with any type of turf configuration or variety. Areas that have had GEOHEX™ installed should be inspected regularly to determine if any damage or minor subsidence has occurred.
By increasing the effective structural integrity of soils, GEOHEX Erosion Control System creates a stiffened base layer that provides increased load support whilst preventing soil subsidence and soil erosion. GEOHEX Erosion Control System improves safety on the edge of roads, embankments, parking areas and many other medium to high traffic surfaces.
With a maximum load bearing capacity of 1200t/sqm* and made from recycled and recyclable interlocking polypropylene hexagonal cells, GEOHEX Erosion Control System is suitable for use in just about any type of ground and geological conditions.
With its innovative plastic matting construction and unique connection system, GEOHEX Erosion Control System can be laid quickly and cost-efficiently, either in linear or bend sections in any weather and at any time of the year.
GEOHEX Erosion Control System can be used in:
With its unique patented open cell structure, GEOHEX Erosion Control System is designed to provide strong ground reinforcement and sediment control in all conditions. In construction applications, GEOHEX Erosion Control System can be combined with grass, gravel or a sand/soil mixture providing a complement to surrounding materials and other architecture such as the installation of plastic driveway grids.
Its rigid structure and strong polymer construction enables GEOHEX Erosion Control System to be used as a walking grid to provide a cost-effective solution to prevent soft ground build-up and mud control in heavy traffic livestock areas and shed flooring. By combining to make a walking grid, the GEOHEX Erosion Control System plastic panels promote livestock flow and help reduce the incidence of lameness around trough and standoff areas, approaches and exits to yards and many other high traffic and frequently-used livestock areas.
With a maximum load bearing capacity of 1200t/sqm* when filled with soil (or equivalent), the GEOHEX Erosion Control System can be used for ground stabilisation of roads on mining sites as well as drainage stabilisation in hardstands, haul roads and equipment yards. GEOHEX Erosion Control System can also be used in the stabilisation of mine site embankments, drains, driveways and airstrips.